150 Words Per Minute with Voice Recognition Software - Out of the Box

I have been utilizing Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 9 for over a year now. It's a great piece of software and it enables me to have my voice transcribed at a rate of about 150 words a minute. That's pretty amazing.

Video Demonstration of Setting Up a User and Hitting 150 words a minute after the Initial Setup

I've been writing reviews about Dragon NaturallySpeaking and putting together a number of tutorials throughout the last year. I've experimented with a number of different ways to use the software and experimented with ways to use the software with my mobile phone as well. With a Palm Treo I can record a voice note and have the voice note converted into text using Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 9 the preferred edition.

Many people still have the belief that voice recognition software is something that you play with once, train for about a week and then promptly ignore because it doesn't work.

This was my own impression when I first tried Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 3 about 10-13 years ago. Back then I was in college for the first time, and I just purchased my first personal computer after using PCs in the military for a number of years. I was very excited about the prospect of not having to type anymore despite the fact that I can type very quickly, about 50 words a minute back then.

Today I can type at 70 to 90 words a minute, but that doesn't mean I always want to. In fact after typing for decades now, I don't really want to risk my hands are my wrists anymore with the potential of a repetitive stress injury. So for the last year I've been teaching myself to compose using voice recognition in the form of Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

You can read more about some of my experiences in a long list of articles I've developed on the topic and continue to add to the pile. I've tried this software in the office, on a fishing dock, in my car, on an elliptical machine, with loud noises, music and television playing in the background and while my computer processes heavy chunks of data at the same time.

You can also check out the video above, where I give a demonstration of setting up a brand-new user with Dragon NaturallySpeaking, training that user in about 10 to 15 minutes, and then allowing the automatic setup to run for about another 20 to 30 minutes. The total amount of time transpires is about an hour in the video it's about 20 minutes. At the end of that hour however I can take a typing test and reach a typing speed of over 150 words a minute with just three or four errors. It would probably be better if the typing test warned a British typing test and I weren't an American unfamiliar with some of the words and forms of language in that particular typing test. :-)

Here's a few of those articles:

  1. Using Dragon Naturally Speaking with Utterz
  2. Running Dragon Naturally Speaking with Audacity at the Same Time
  3. MacSpeech Announces Dictate Running on Dragon Naturally Speaking
  4. Test Running Jing Video Capture with Dragon Naturally Speaking 9
  5. Dragon Naturally Speaking 9 Advertising Campaign Goes on TV
  6. Installed my Dragon Naturally Speaking Custom Vocabulary - Not Sure Where It Is?
  7. Doubled My Ram for Dragon Naturally Speaking
  8. Nuance Offers Free Custom Vocabulary Program to existing Dragon Naturally Speaking 9 Users
  9. Running Dragon Naturally Speaking with the Gorillaz-music playing
  10. Article Written on the Road with DNS 9
  11. Driving While Transcribing with Dragon Naturally Speaking 9
  12. Video Tutorial - Transcribe WAV files to Text with Dragon Naturally Speaking
  13. Dragon Naturally Speaking Uses in Therapy
  14. Dragon Naturally Speaking for Salesforce.com
  15. Video Running Dragon Naturally Speaking in a Typing Test
  16. Nuance Reaches for More Horizonal Partners - Grabs up T9 from AOL
  17. 23 Funny Dragon Naturally Speaking Mis Quotes
  18. Dragon Naturally Speaking 9 - Regular Tune Ups Required
  19. How to Dictate Text into a Single Cell in Excel using Dragon Naturally Speaking 9
  20. Total Audio Converter for Batch Convresions
  21. Challenged to find a Quiet Spot for Voice Typing
  22. Driving MindManager with Dragon Naturally Speaking 9
  23. Mindjet Officially Announces MindManager Version 7 MindMapping Software
  24. Dreamweaver and Dragon Naturally Speaking 9 Opening Round
  25. Screen Recording while Running Dragon Naturally Speaking
  26. Dragon Getting it Wrong - The Funny 1 Percent!
  27. Let Me Tell You About the Birds and the Bees and Dragon Naturally Speaking
  28. Don’t get Over Confident with DNS 9
  29. Transcribing Wave Files with Dragon Naturally Speaking
  30. Hit 130 - 150 Words Per Minue with Dragon Naturally Speaking!
  31. Fixing Your Keypad for Dragon Naturally Speaking
  32. Digital Recorders and Dragon
  33. Dragon NaturallySpeaking Day two
  34. Blogging with Dragon Naturally Speaking

0 Responses:

TOP 10 TECH

Top 10 Tech Web Tips

Apps and Games